Dear Westwind Wave Families,
Welcome to the 2020-21 School Year!
The Staff is looking forward to working with all our families this school year. Most of our students are returning to an onsite learning environment. We will see them on September 10th and 11th in small groups from 8:45-11:15 or 12:15-2:45. Our Kindergarten students will come on September 11th from 9:00 – 9:45. Your child’s teacher will be contacting you on September 9th via email. We have been working hard with our district to ensure that we maintain as safe an environment as possible for our returning students.
Families who have opted for Transitional Learning will be contacted the week of September 14th-18th. Learning will start on September 21st.
For those returning students, here are a few guidelines that may answer some questions for you:
- School hours: 8:45 a.m. – 2:45 p.m.
- Morning arrival time: should be by 8:40 a.m. Students should line up (socially distanced) at the outside door of their assigned classroom. The teacher will let students into the classroom at 8:45 a.m. and students will wash their hands and sit at their desks. If students arrive late, they will need to go to the front of the school, line up and check in at the office.
- Recess: will be arranged by cohorts. There may be half the school population outside at a time. Students will be supervised by staff at recess.
- Lunch: eating time will be supervised by staff in their classrooms. There will be a 30 minute eating time and a 30 minute outside play time.
- Lunches must be brought to school with the student. Students may not go home for lunch. No lunches may be dropped off.
We will not accept any food delivery services. Students should not share lunches and should bring any cutlery necessary for eating their lunches.
- Parents will not be allowed in the building, and at dismissal time may meet their children at their outside classroom door or at a pre-arranged location with your child’s teacher.
- Students will be using their own school supplies; their teachers will not be using “family style” trays of markers, crayons, pencils, etc.
- Water Bottles are a must! The only access to drinking water will be at the water bottle filling station. The water fountain options have been turned off.
- Every day will be an outside day – Rain or Shine. Please ensure that your child has appropriate clothing and footwear when our rainy days begin.
- Students will not be using lockers for storage of materials. They will only store jackets during the colder weather. Please do not send any extra materials to school. Supplies are provided by the teacher.
We appreciate your understanding and patience during this very different time … we can all stay safe and be calm and kind. Take care, from Ms. Latu and Ms. Lai